Managing your own internet marketing for your business is the not the route that I recommend for any business owner. Why? Because it is a waste of time to learn skills that will take years to become good enough at, and will still need to contract out some of the more technical aspects of internet marketing.
But some of you maybe entrepreneurs just starting out, and like me (when I first started) do not have a choice.
Where should I register my domain name, where should I host my website, and what e-mails service should I use?
1) I register my domain at GoDaddy.com
2) I host my website at Hostgator.com
3) I use Google Apps as my e-mail service
When you host your domain with GoDaddy.com
You may run into trouble getting your google apps to work.
1) Register your domain name.
2) Set up your E-mail Account (Google Apps) using your domain name.
- While you are setting up your Google Apps – Google will request you to verify your domain name – GoDaddy.com makes this easy – just follow the verification process
3) Wait a day or two to set up your hosting – don’t set up your hosting until Google has verified your domain name with GoDaddy.com
4) Set up your hosting with Hostgator.com
5) To complete your Google Apps and e-mail you need to set up your MX Records in Hostgator.com CPanel – in the Mail Section go to ‘MX Entry’ and add the following:
Some say you do not need to do this because Google Apps does a verification with GoDaddy.com but I have found this in not so all the time.
Believe me when I say you should not take this task on yourself. The opportunity cost alone is not worth the headache.
I would hire someone else to manage this set up. But I have provided the information if you feel the need to Do It Yourself.
|Priority Host||Points To